Carttera manages focused real estate investment strategies through pooled fund vehicles and segregated mandates. Currently active strategies are all development and re-development based.
URBAN INTENSIFICATION FUND 4
UIF4 is a closed-end private equity fund currently investing in the GTA and Montreal markets with specific focus on the Greater Toronto area. Targets include, office, flex office, mixed-use, industrial, retail and condominium development and redevelopment.
- $156 million equity
URBAN INTENSIFICATION FUND 3
UIF 3 is a closed-end private equity fund, which is currently investing in the GTA, Ottawa, Montreal and Quebec City markets, with a specific focus on the Greater Toronto Area. Targets include condominium development, together with office, flex office, mixed-use, industrial and retail infill development and redevelopment.
- $160 million equity
URBAN INTENSIFICATION FUND 2
UIF 2 is a closed-end private equity fund, which is opportunistically invested in the GTA and Montreal. Arterial and transit locations are targeted for condominium development, together with office, flex office, mixed-use, industrial and retail infill development and redevelopment.
- $170 million equity
URBAN INTENSIFICATION FUND 1
UIF 1 is a closed-end private equity fund which opportunistically invested in urban sites offering development or repositioning opportunities. Its investment strategy targeted a mix of condominium, office, industrial and retail development and re-development projects in major urban centres, with a focus on eastern Canada.
- $80 million equity
CARTTERA INDUSTRIAL FUND LP
CIF is a closed-end private equity fund focused on industrial development at two major sites in the GTA. The management directive is to develop, lease and/or sell the assets to maximize investor returns.
- $80 million equity
1919 MINNESOTA COURT, MISSISSAUGA, ON
As a segregated mandate, 1919 Minnesota Court in Mississauga was conceived, developed and leased on behalf of a Canadian pension fund client.
- 125,000 square foot, five storey, LEED silver office building
- Canadian Headquarters of DuPont Canada
- Recognized as 2012 NAIOP REX Awards Office Development of the Year
InStorage REIT was created as a public entity with a mandate to consolidate the Canadian self-storage market and create an industry leading national brand.
- Initial TSXV IPO March 2006, graduated to TSX February 2008
- Acquired 62 properties in 5 provinces
- $450 million in assets (at cost)
- $216.5 million equity raised in four public financings
- Became largest owner/operator of self storage in Canada within 16 months of inception
- Privatized by a U.S. investor in March 2009
InScotia Developments was formed to act as a developer of self-storage facilities across Canada as a companion entity to InStorage REIT.
- Acquired and developed 11 properties in 3 provinces
- $63 million in assets (at cost)
- $12 million equity invested
- 10 Institutional and corporate investors